We respect the worth, dignity, potential, and uniqueness of each individual. We empower each other and encourage teamwork to benefit those we serve.
The Council promotes a climate of mutual respect in the workplace.
- Foster a welcoming and inclusive climate throughout the Division.
- Coordinate periodic division-wide socially interactive and engaging workshops focused on a specific culture.
- Provide resources regarding university-wide diversity seminars and workshops to Division employees.
- Reward an employee and team that consistently encourage and demonstrate respect to all.
- Raise diversity awareness and level of understanding.
- Assist Executive Leadership Team in meeting the goals and completing the Diversity and Climate Assessment Report.
- Provide ideas and solutions based on division-wide climate survey results.
- Provide annual division-wide training.
- Establish two-way, ongoing communications throughout the Division.
- Establish regular meetings with Executive Leadership Team, “Breakfast with the Executive Team”.
- Enhance website to provide information regarding the Council, current diversity-related university events, and allow easy communication with the Council.
- Members will distribute meeting notes in a timely manner.
- Identify training and opportunities for career growth and business continuity.
- Develop an educational program around the themes of communication and trust for Division employees.
- Identify and fund Division employees who would like to participate in diversity related training seminars and institutes.
The Council's triple infinity symbol represents that its three parts; Climate, Culture and Respect, should be ongoing and endless. This symbol is given as part of the annual Respect Award in the form of a custom-made sterling silver lapel pin.